Manaslu trek Permit Cost

Manaslu circuit, an off-beaten trekking path revolving around the world’s eighth tallest mountain, Mt. Manaslu, and other high peaks, is an amazing trekking destination in Nepal. The Manaslu trek requires a trekking permit just like any other route in Nepal.

A total of three permits are required for Manaslu trek. Two of them are the Manaslu Conservation Area Project permit (MCAP) and Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP). The Restricted Area Permit (RAP), required for travel between Jagat and Dharapani, is the third permit.

You will also need a Tsum Valley trek permit if you intend to trek through the valley.

Here we will discuss all the necessary permits in further detail, how to obtain them, the importance of permits, and where to get them.

1. Restricted Area Permit (RAP)

Manaslu region holds a vast amount of flora and fauna These include about 9,000 inhabitants living in the Manaslu Conservation Area and over 2,000 species of plants, 39 mammals, 201 birds, 3 reptiles, 11 butterflies, and 11 types of forest.

The culture and tradition of the people in the Manaslu circuit is also equally unique, with a blend of both the Tibetan and Nepalese culture.

In order to conserve and preserve the flora, fauna, and rich culture and tradition and have sustainable development and management, Manaslu Conservation Area Project or MCAP was established in 1998, which made the Manaslu region between Jagat and Dharapani a restricted zone. 

To cross the Jagat and Dharapani a special permit was made called Restricted Area Permit (RAP) of Manaslu. The permits are checked in different places in Jagat; the last place it is checked is at Samagaun.

One important thing to remember is that only the government-registered or licensed local trekking agency can apply for and collect the Restricted Area Permit for you.


The cost of this permit depends on the season you went to and the number of days you stayed in the restricted area.

September to November:  This is the autumn season, and the cost is USD 100 per person for the first week, and USD 15 is added for every extra day you spend inside the restricted area.

December to August: These months include Winter, Spring, and Summer Seasons. The cost per person is USD 75 for the first week, and a charge of USD 10 is added for every extra day you spend inside the restricted zone.

2. Manaslu Conservation Area Project (MCAP)

All the conservation areas of Nepal have a special permit that is required to enter the conservation area. Hence in order to enter the Manaslu conservation area MCAP permit is needed which is checked from the Philim and in the entire Manaslu conservation area.


SAARC Country:  NPR 1000 per person or USD 10 approximately

Other countries: NPR 3000 per person or USD 30 approximately

3. Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP)

Once you are in Dharapani, you enter the ACA, and just as previously mentioned, to enter the Annapurna conservation area, you will need their permit, which is the Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP). 


SAARC Country: NPR 1000 USD 10 per person, approximately

Other Country: NRs. 3000 USD 30 per person, approximately

Other Permits:

Tsum Valley Permit

If you are extending your trek to Tsum Valley, you will need a Tsum Valley Permit.


September to November: It will cost USD 40 for a week and then USD 7 per extended day.

December to August: It will cost USD 30 for a week and then USD 7 per extended day. 

Trekker Information Management System (TIMS)

Just like the Tsum Valley, if you decide to extend your trip to Muktinath, Jomsom, or Pokhara, you will need to get the Trekker Information Management System or TIMS card. 


Group Trekkers: NPR 1000 or 10$, approximately

Free Individual Trekkers (FIT): NPR 2000 or 20$ approximately

SAARC countries group trekkers: NPR 300 

SAARC countries free individual Trekkers(FIT): NPR 600

How to Obtain Manaslu Trek permits?

There are a few different ways to obtain the Manaslu circuit trek permits. For the Annapurna Conservation Area permit (ACAP) and Manaslu Conservation Area Permit (MCAP) permits, you can get them on the Entry Permit Counters.

  • You can get the Annapurna and Manaslu conservation area permits at the Nepal Tourism Board, Kathmandu.
  • For the Annapurna permit, only you can get it from the Nepal Tourism Board at the Tourism Service Center, Pokhara.

The Nepal Tourism Board is opens Sunday to Friday from 9 am-5 pm except for the holidays.

As mentioned above, you can not go by yourself and get the restricted area permit for Manaslu. You will need a  government-registered or licensed local trekking agency to apply for and collect the Restricted Area Permit for you.

Required Documents For Manaslu Trekking Permit

For obtaining the permits, there are a few documents that you need to have and show to Nepal tourism. All the documents that are needed for the Manaslu circuit trek are given below:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *